Hambly just finished printing their newest release, and have been busy shipping out the new designs... here's a layout I made for the newsletter sent out re. the shipping. Totally love the new supercute "Elephants in a row" design which I used as the background here (afaik this colorcombo was limited ed...teal on white....BUT you can find it as an overlay, and the lime green paper one is just as yummy), the "Urban Frames" clear stickers makes a nice base for the clustered stuff and I love using rubons and stickers on corrugated paper, cutting them out. Talking about the new designs, I also used a butterfly from the clear stickers & purple "old lace" overlay on the bottom of this layout. And I LOVE Adornits small letterstickers!! They're so cheap and there's lots of letters on one sheet and it looks awesome on pretty much anything :)

And. Check out the nice tutorial by Allison on rubons and canvas at the Hambly blog :)

October looks busybusy - lots of scrappy stuff happening (Papirfesten!! Weekendgetaway! Birthdays to celebrate!) - and - unless they get cancelled as the other workshops I was supposed to sign up to - lots of photography workshops & courses to attend.

Ahwell. We'll see.
Sharing some recent photos..

Ugh. Pink!
Personally I do prefer other colors on her, but when you're lucky enough to get to inherit a lot of clothes you can't be too picky. Besides. She's started putting together her clothes herself while proclaiming she loves pink. At least she's not totally mis-matching...

I finally got around to check out "Fru Luna", a very nice cafe/coffeebar like 2minutes from work... :p

Mm. More photos of Amalie.

Decorating a carrot-cake.

..and oogling the cookies I made the other day....sandwiched the leftovercream from the carrot-cake w/homemade choc chip cookies...yumm..
(ps. where were I "supposed" to focus at...the first cookie? Atm the focus is on the middle one and it feels. Both right and wrong. ALthough I guess that's a subjective matter?)

Presenting a gift to great-grandfather.

*trying to remember I have a son too* *grin*
Just kidding. Either he's out hanging around w/his friends or he's at home doing not much :p
(and yes I know - totally misfocused here, and yet it's one of the better ones of him lately. Ugh. Need to be way better taking photos of him!)


Well. Just thought this was a sorta not too bad motif. Nothing like an old tire just thrown away in the nature. Well. It wasn't that old looking, but it was abandoned..

Random thoughts - mostly work/photo-related:
  • Still working on my confidence re directing shots when needed/required. Totally prefer just staying in the background shooting natural courses sorta, but can ofcourse see that it's not always giving the best results.....hence..need to work on the confidence thing instead of thinking "bleh, wish this or that was done different" when leaving the scene..(which always happens anyways I might add...) Maybe if I write this often enough on the blog I might actually try to listen to this piece of advice..
  • I may or may not have figured out the manual pre-determined WB code. I'm not sure. Shame it's so hard to check incamera (is there a trick?) - what looks like a decent WB on the LCD might turn out to not be so on the screen. How do I really know?! (advanced/split histograms I guess?) And the incamera-screen is strictly speaking not calibred sorta uh? Sigh. And yeah, I could go back to use RAW again - but really - it's a lot of work & space when using jpgs usually's fine for most images..besides...I guess it's a bit as random as the luck you get when sticking to autoWB?
  • Always bring the noteboard&pen along. Always.
  • Remember to jot down things I need to do different/remember to be aware of after the different shots. Things like. Groupphotos w/a mainperson - pull the person in focus a bit more in front of a crowd behind him aka closer to the camera, instead of having him in the middle of the group. Eh. I don't remember more atm. But there's lots of little, annoying basic things which can be improved. Hence. WRITE.IT.DOWN.
  • AIR. Remember to add air & space around the motifs. Screw composition. Or at least composite w/enough air around, as composition is easy enough to fix post-processing due to various photosizes on the finished paper-layouts.
  • It would be quite handy to learn how to clean stuff in the camera. Like. Sensor and stuff. But. It's Scary stuff (yes - capital S!). But handy if I knew the correct way and stuff. I guess!
  • Still can't decide on a 24-70mm or 105mm macro!! Ugh! Advice? Am really leaning towards the zoom, but having a macro would be quite handy...+ it's after all a much longer (?) focal lens than what I have avail (50mm and 14-24mm)...
  • Cute outfits w/high heeled shoes/boots or sensible, durable, boring workclothes for work?? *sigh* I know - it's raining cats and dogs here quite often plus I might be req. to shoot dirty stuff and go to dirty & muddy places.....hm...lots of my photos have been of dirty stuff in one sense or another come to think of it...so. I really should opt for the latter - been using rainboots. But. Want. To. Use. High. Heels!
  • I don't mind sharing photos on my blog, but Flickr or serious photography-galleries or contests? UGh no. The thought of it scares me. Silly I know :/
  • Hai, anybody tried photos on acryl-frames? Like these? Or the alu-frames? How's the quality and diff. vs reg canvas? Any advice on what kind of images for these kind of materials?


Title: "Corduroy" -Pearl Jam