We’re off celebrating mother-in-laws birthday today, spending some activity-time together at a swimming-pool before the birthday-dinner. Figured I’d share the card I made for her here in the meanwhile..

Made with the truly elegant “Queen Bee”-line from Pink Paislee, using a mix of the 12x12” and 6x6” papers. I seriously think all the lines from Pink Paislee this winter are awesome, but this one – this might just as well be my very favorite..because it’s so…not me! And yet I adore it and love to create with it!

I also love to mix 12x12” and 6x6” from the same line whenever I can, especially for cards and smaller projects. Just grab whatever scraps from 12x12” you have lying around and supplement with 6x6” papers. And can you tell I simply LOVE the flip notes? Love the shape and the pattern/colors of these – there’s 24 sheets w/12 different designs in one pad.

card

The card is made based on a sketch from Ett Trykk - a very classic and a (to me) much used design, I think my cards usually end up looking approx like this...it was nice to not have to think about how to do this card and just go for that kind of design again though :)

I picked the note I wanted to use, embossed it with the “enjoy the journey” stamp from the “365 degree” stamp collection and sewed it on a brown background-paper found in the 6x6” paperpad from “Queen Bee”. The flowers were handcut from yet another 6x6” paper and layered twice for added dimension (instead of just one row w/flowers sorta – there’s two here)…actually, the only 12x12 paper here are the cardstock (base, from prism) and the brown floral-patterned paper that runs across the card – a leftover from a previous project :)

card_cu2a

Other materials include Fiskars Upper Crest border punch, gems from KaiserCraft, embossingpowder from Gelly, sewing machine and ofcourse – Glimmer Mist. Can’t resist painting some gold & iridescent gold glimmermist on the cutout-flowers! It’s usually hard to see the glimmer on (my) pictures, but if you squint long enough I think you can see it on this flower above.

card_inside The inside of the card is quite simple – just decided to add another embossed stamp to make it slightly less boring – this time a stamp from the “Cupid” line.

gift Had to make the kraft-wrapped gift match the card as well, so this time I pulled out a 12x12 sheet and cut it and used both sides of the same paper along with a sewing machine for the wrapping. Found another flip note to use too, as well as a leftover flower that didn’t make the card. Other materials includes felt letters from American Crafts, gems from KaiserCraft, Glimmer Mist (Gold) and staples :)

In other scrappy-related news, just got two layouts picked up for pub – sweet! Shipped the layouts yesterday – the only downside to this is that I now need to scrap more, as I originally intended for these layouts to be part of some of the monthly DT-stuff for Feb…ohwell, no big deal eh ;p

Wish you a lovely Sunday – and don’t forget tonight's Pencil-Lines! :) Will have another Pink Paislee-project to share then :) Oh, and speaking of Pencil-Lines – look what Anna finally received!! Woohoo!! This means I’ll get my copy soon, and so will people who have pre-ordered! And it’s not too late to get your hands on your own copy either – just go to this page to order one for yourself :)

Title: “Hotel Song” – Regina Spektor

Share/Bookmark