Remember what I said yesterday about Amalie? Today she surprised me some while eating her breakfast. She said; "Mommy, look (and she points at where to look), cat (while doing the sign), meow". She found a new pattern and recognized the cat. Aw bless. She's a bit behind with her spoken language, but I'm not too worried (she just turned two) - Adrian was (imo) extremely slow - he didn't speak in sentences/somewhat fluent until he was three and a half - before that he mostly said one word only and pointed at things. Now? He's a little chatterbox, understanding complex jokes that the grownups makes, taking things he pondered about two or three days ago a step further showing that he really continued thinking and pondering about these things in the meantime and always asks a lot and knows where to find the answer ("why don't we check the internet?" - that kid has got a lot of faith in the Internet :p). Anyways. Amalie. The personnel in the kindergarten told us how happy they were that she knows some sign-language, and when she's not able to express what she wants - they sign instead of her getting frustrated. Apparently it works out great and her tantrums (told you she's a little diva - but to be fair - her tantrums are always shortlived cause she knows she's not getting anywhere with that kind of behaviour and she usually gives in - at least to us) have almost ceased. Yay.

Ohwell. Nuff babybraggin'.

Now. My new life. New car, new house, new routines! Yeap - I've decided it's about time to be more responsible and stuff, starting with small, basic things like
  1. Always change the oil regulary (can you believe I didn't KNOW about that half a year ago!? I thought the oil was to be reapplied all the time whenever we saw the warning about low oil, not completely replaced. Jeez. No wonder our old car went downhill fast *blush*)
  2. I'm so gonna wax and polish the car! It's our new baby and needs to be taken care of...and I'm so gonna do that! Once I know what to buy and do...uh...help anyone?
  3. Always clean up the kitchen before bedtime. I'm such a mess in the kitchen (and elsewere too). But not anymore! I think. I'll try. I give this two weeks anyways.
  4. Same thing with the bathroom (did I mention? We've got a tub now! YAY for bathtubs!)
  5. Always do the beds.
  6. Hm. I better quit this list before Simen reads this and either a) rofls at me or b) uses this against me in the future! Hm. Afterthought. He's prob gonna do c) both!
Oh. I scrapped yesterday! Yay! Couldn't resist so I gave in. It's mom with the kids! Yay! She stayed with us for a week to help us with the move & stuff. Love the cute Sassafrass papers. Not too fond of the backgroundpaper, but not sure what other color I shoulda picked. Ohwell. Now. Need to wrap up the Norwegian text then I'm gonna wash the walls in the livingroom so it's ready to get painted next week then I'm hopefully gonna squeeze in some time to check around at other peoples blogs - it's been too long and I wanna know what's up with you guys (*waves*) :)


Ahh. Amalie var så søt imorges da vi satt ved bordet og spiste frokost; hun så en katt i et mønster og sa; "Mamma, se (peke) katt (samtidig som hun gjorde tegnet for katt) - mjau (mens hun fortsatte å gjøre tegnet for katt). Aww. Tror det kanskje er nærmeste hun har kommet en skikkelig setning - hun babler masse (en hører på tonefallet at det skal være setninger og fortellinger og sånn) men jo..tror dette er det nærmeste jeg har fått med meg en hel setning. Liksom.

Jaja. Nok babybarneskryt. Her er en LO jeg rakk å gjøre igår - deilig etter en lang-lang pause. Diggbare Sassafrasspapirer!! Idag er planen å vaske veggene i stua slik at de er klare for å bli malt på en eller annen gang denne uken (forhåpentligvis imorgen??), og så håper jeg å få litt tid til å kikke innom bloggene jeg pleier å hilse på - er alt for lenge siden nå - men jeg har liksom hatt en unnskyldning da liksom *smile* Forhåpentligvis blir det bedre tid til sånt om ikke alt for lenge!! :) Ha en fortsatt god helg alle sammen!!