As with cards, I’m not really an altered item person. Not in the true sense of that word I think. I suppose most of my items aren’t really altered items, but rather prettified packages and giftwrappings and uh, I dunno. Anyways. Here’s a mix of my 10 top gifts, giftwraps and actual altered stuff – in no special order. Plus a bonus at bottom :p

gift_cu2

Here’s a closeup of a giftwrap I made earlier this summer. It was a part of my stuff for the stint as GGG (Guest Garden Girl) at twopeas in…uh..June or July. I wrapped my gift (which actually was a few packets of tasty sausages/cured ham stuff) in corrugated cardstock and dressed it up with lots of lovelies from Prima and Hambly dashed w/glimmermist. Nothing says meat as a pretty packaging of kraft, flowers, tulle and bling ;ppressies The pressies for Amalie when she turned four :) Love to pack my pressies in kraftpaper and dress it up – here with 3ndypapir-papers.

box_cu1Here’s a gift-box I made from scratch for a wedding-present with Fancy Pants Papers and lots of Maya Road pretties (the top and bottom of the box is actually pages from a chipboardalbum from Maya Road).

box_front

Ah here’s a real altered item. I think. The former button-box from Fancy Pants Designs became a little box filled with candies for my mom. Just because.

clip

Another real altered item. An empty box (formerly storing bind-it-all wires) was turned into a hairclip-holder with stuff from Fancy Pants Designs.

comfortable

I love mini-canvasses. I really should make more of these, with them it really feels like I’m creating (quasi)art for the sake of creating them sort of (*trying real hard to not sound too pretentious*). Hard to explain, but it just feels liberating creating these little canvasses with whatever I want to put on it. Gesso, glimmer-mist and transparencies and rubons from Hambly. The quote here is an excerpt from a song by the Norwegian singer&songwriter Maria Mena.

Another mini-canvas. This time w/Hamblys’ Halloween-stuff. Yeah! Especially like the splatters of neon-green. The quote here was taken from “The Graveyard” ;p

doorhanger2 Here’s a door-sign made with Fancy Pants Designs, Crackle paint and a wee bit of Hambly.

doorhanger1And here’s the tougher, boy-version of the same door-sign :) Also made with Fancy Pants Designs :)

And finally….one of the many match-boxes I made this Christmas – and yeah, although this was the most simple in design of them all (ugh, that sounded weird – am I expressing myself wrong?) I really really loved this one. Elegant & subtle cream and silver patterned paper combined with crisp and equally elegant red rubons. Sigh.

Added bonus. Because I just realized I haven’t shared this one before. And because I’ve sort of promised to not blog more of my Christmas-stuff now.


The matchbox I made for myself & my personal use:

Stay tuned for more top 10, and feel free to share (link) your own too :)