Figured I’d share this here too..

'Cause this was my first “real” freelance-gig as a photographer and a huge responsibility and I’m happy I was recommended for this job (and that it went, all things considered – read below, very well) :)

I just got the paper myself in the mail (an intern-paper for ISS Norway called Avissen) – the pictures below however are screenshots from the pdf-version of the same paper. My assignments were to take a headshot of the region-director of ISS Facility Services, and to take photos from two different workplaces where ISS Facility Services was at (Hanøytangen for Bergen Group and Haukeland Hospital for Helse Bergen). avissen1

He was really nice – despite me being an hour delayed to the appointment because someone decided to crash into my car. My first accident w/car (ugh) and I was shaky – my car was parked – I was gonna ask someone about the way – and someone didn’t see me and reversed right into my car. I got the final letter a few weeks ago saying that everything’s fine – the other parts insurance-company pays for the whole thing thank god – considering it wasn’t my fault (and if I had opened my car-door to step out as I contemplated I’d be seriously hurt as he crashed full-speed into my door). Anyways – I was devastated – not only because of the car and all, but also because it meant I was seriously delayed for this shoot and + another one I was gonna do after this one. Thankfully he was nice and understandable and even offered me lunch before the shot++ About the photo – was slightly worried about the sun and all, but external flash+fill light worked great here :) (note to self – maybe it’s about time to investigate in a reflector..??)

avissen2 At Hanøytangen :) Some of the guys here lifted me upon a vending-machine so I could stand there and take this shot :) avissen3

See that background? Love these rigs :)

(yeah, it’s the same place where I did the aerial shots of the rigs for the newspaper :) )

avissen4

Am pleased they liked my photos and wanted to use quite a few of them :)

(I especially love the photo on the top left, the woman standing in front came into the room when I was shooting and she was so happy and smiling all the time that she totally made the whole photo – she made everyone smile & relaxed and happy sort of – imo it really looks like a real commercial-style-photo kinda (you know, the kind with perfect people smiling perfectly & all that – but here’s like, real people :p) :) And the chef in the middle photo was like “Picture? Me? I’m not really any good for such” but I think the photo of him is great..and I like the composition of the hospital-photo and the way the guy on the ladder is looking down :) Click on the images to see them larger :) )

All in all, it was a bit scary being on my own, freelancing for a company that had its main-seat in Oslo and all, but yeah – glad it went seemingly well :)

Am off – today’s familydinner at our place (turkey++) w/the older members of the family and my hubbys cousin (who’s the bride seen on the first layout in the post below ;) ) was coincidentally around here (she lives in France) so we invited her over too :)

 

Share/Bookmark