Thanks for the nice response to my “Top 10” posts :) I’m interrupting the posting of those right now to share a few photos from the NY eve. Will commerce “Top 10” posting soon :)

The tradition for kids around here at New Years Eve is to do something called “Julebukk”, or “Julebukking” according to the English wiki-page. A bit like Halloween I guess, with kids dressing up, walking from neighbour to neighbour singing Christmas Carols and getting candies. Lots of candies. Personally I wasn’t really aware of this tradition until I moved out here (from Oslo), so I guess it’s randomly based on local traditions.

Adrian was a ninja this year, with homemade swords and black-painted face. Amalie was the cutest dinosaur ever (or Amaliesaurus, as a friend tweeted). Her face was painted greenish :)

F was quite a stylish vampire. (I put the makeup on her =) )

And here’s N giving me his best, scariest, hungriest Count Dracula-face (I put the makeup on him too! ;p)

I love the silhouette of the house in the background against the clear, blue sky :)

The first trip went to grandmas place, where the kids did their “Julebukk”-thing around the neighbourhood there before taking a break at grandmas apartment. We had two vampires, one bumblebee (transformers), one ninja and one dino :)

They had to sing (and dance/jump) for grandma too before getting candies from her..

And when we got to the place we were spending NY at the kids took another round around the neighbourhood, before doing one last show for us when they came home again with their (heavy!) loot.

It was a nice evening/night, with lots of running, gaming and general noise generated by the kids and some wine & a couple of rounds of the “80’s game” (fun!).

I’ll wrap this post with some fave-portraits of the older kids (1600iso+b&w=lovely grain) + the youngest boy (wide angle + close up = win).

Happy New Year folks!