thelook

Ha.
Just had to scrap this photo of Amalie giving me “the look”. You know, the “I’m oh, so wronged, woe-is-me-pityful”-look.

thelook_cu1

I made this layout for Pink Paislee’s Monochromatic Monday.  My chosen color? Uh, guess :p
Ps. notice the clear bordersticker? Nice & subtle, no? :)

thelook_cu2

There’s something about this particular kind of patterned paper that makes me want to cut out the motifs and use them as embellishments. thelook_cu3I love these flip journal notes, and the preferred way to use them is layering on a cardstock for a more defined border/edge & sewing around.

Materials used:
Pink Paislee: Queen Bee – lots from its collection, glitter alphas in lemonade,
Other: glimmer-mist, bling, cardstock, sewing machine

Also, I made a quick card for yesterdays Pencil-Lines.
My first one with Elle’s Studio after I received the DT-box. It was truly brimming and made me nervous and I had no idea where to start, so I figured I’d start easy w/this PL-card before getting it on with the real DT-assignments for Elle’s :)

ania195 This is one of her Birthday Cut Outs: a sheet full of tags you can cut out yourself.
What I’ve started to realize (it sounds weird, I know), re. Elle’s is the liberating feeling of deciding what kind of patterned paper you want to use wo giving a second thought about manufacturer (yeah I know, Elle’s do have a few smaller paper-pads). But the feeling of being more my own master when it comes to what to use - It’s pretty cool – I have a bunch of old papers giving me bad conscience- maybe I’ll be able to use them more often from now on! Yay! :D

 

(Oh, I know I know – not all manufacturers require their DT to use their stuff only – but most require like 60%-75%-as much as possible – and by then it’s much, much easier to just stick to their stuff all the way when creating DT-stuff)

DSC_1357

Materials used:

Elle’s Studio – Cut Outs: Birthday, Date and Place Strips 
Making Memory – Patterned paper
Hambly Screenprints – various transparencies
Fancy Pants Designs: buttons, grid-paper
Other: Glimmer-mist, sewing machine, Martha Stewart borderpunch

DSC_1358

Have a lovely week! Mine’s full of tough old-fashioned physical work all week :p

 

Title: “Nemo” - Nightwish