play

My boss recently quit his job as an executive editor to become the boss of all the executive editors of the hm, four or five local newspapers around here. I guess you can say he got promoted sort of.

Hence – the title of the card – “off to play with the big boys”, cause that’s exactly what he’s going to do..

I was asked to make a card on behalf of the coworkers, to which I happily obliged. You can say there’s quite a bit of hidden symbolism on this card..it’s very personalized so to speak..

play1

First of all, I love the wooden buttons that’s in the buttoncollections from Crate Paper. The card is created with Crate Paper’s Toy Box by the way – buttons, ribbon, papers and chipboards. Plastic butterfly-charms from Maya Road, letters from AdornIt and Pink Paislee. Bakers twine + doily as additional props.

play2

I’m gonna miss the boss.

I recently interviewed a lady who said “Your first workexperience is instrumental in shaping who you’ll

be(come)” – or something to that extent. I believe she’s right.

I remember vividly my first meeting with the boss. I remember the enthusiasm I was greeted with – an enthusiasm that was geared towards me, and what I was proposing. It really made a deep impression on me. Someone who really believed in me and what I could do? Wow.

play3

I really like this technique – folding a smaller card inside the larger one. It yields a sort of very thoughtful touch to the card.. for very little effort..

Right. I’m working this weekend, but after a few quite stressful days earlier this week I’m quite delighted that both Friday and Saturday has been sort of quiet and peaceful compared. Friday was a pretty weird day I must say, being the boss’ last day at work and all.

Ps. I got to use the 70-200mm on some kids riding bikes and stuff Friday evening, it was quite fun actually (and hard still)..got so much to learn, yet…happy I get to practice stuff every now and then :)

Also practiced the panning-technique, yay. I so admire those really understanding how to do sports-photography!