Waiting for 1+hour at the airport due to delays sure is fun
Admiring aunties beautiful Christmas Tree
Auntie & uncle Ken
Our Christmastree!
A closer look (with the new lens) Me, my grandma and my sis (with the new lens)
Our little family :) (with the new lens)
Amalie testing one of her presents
By the end of the evening..
Oh yes! I'm so in love! *smile*

Alright, you may think I'm spoiled and yeah, I guess I really am. It's especially evident at this Christmas. I'm *so* in love! I got a Nikkor 50mm f1.4AF-D lens for Christmas from mom and my steph-dad! It's seriously amazing! True, it takes some time adjusting to not being able to zoom and stuff - but as someone wrote; the zoom isn't really supposed to be there just so you don't have to walk - it's there for changing the perspective and stuff. The light and the colors that you get from this lens is so truly amazing. I'm so looking forward to use it more and explore the possibilities with this lens - and to be forced to learn more about composition (I usually take the composition thingie afterwards on the PC, where I can crop the picture to my liking). I like my Sigma 18-200mm lens - it's a very nice allrounder, but it's quite evident especially in the dark of the winter when I don't have the support of the bright sunny weather that it doesn't really take that nice pictures inside. Now, wonder how my Nikkor lens will be like in the summers! Woah! :) Atm I'm slightly confused - is the huge difference in quality because of the brands - Nikkor vs (usually the much cheaper) Sigma, or is it because the Sigma lens starts at F/3.5 while the Nikkor one starts at the grand F/1.4? Does this mean there's also a difference between the Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5 and my Sigmalens with pretty much the same specs? I know so little about the technical aspects of the camera. *sigh* But at least I know one thing: From now on I'll save up money and start thinking about buying better lenses. This one showed me that there really is a huge difference and I want more :p

Now, among the other nice stuff we got was; 2GB ram for my PC from Simen (Yay! Multitasking here I come! :p), an Xbox 360 for our family from mom and stephdad (Woah! They're crazy buying us all these stuff - my sis' family also got one of these! The PS2 kept failing and stuff because of the rough treatment from a younger Adrian + Amalie - this time we'll make sure the Xbox is treated nicely), a beautiful tree-ornament sphere/ball from my grandma, lots of nice and cool and cute clothes to both Amalie and Adrian and ofcourse toys and stuff. Also got a very cool framed picture from my sis, displaying my nieces at the fotosession at Fame. Nice!
Unfortunately I don't get to edit the pictures like I want to before displaying them here - so I only got to edit one really dark picture - the rest are untouched.
Oh my!
Dette var definitivt en av de bedre julene jeg har hatt sånn gavemessig! Hihi. :) Fikk nemlig en Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 objektiv til jul av mamma og Trygve! Yay! Helt utrolig kvalitetsforskjell på bildene - fargene og lyset er mye mer klarere og varmere og skarpere og alt! Det eneste uvante er såklart det å ikke kunne zoome - at jeg må bevege kameraet fysisk frem/tilbake og bevisst måtte komposisere bildene. Interessant og jeg ser virkelig frem til å utforske dette objektivet enda mere i tiden fremover! Sigma-objektivet er en bra allrounder og fordelen er såklart den store zoom-vidden den har - men nå i disse vintertider (og med mørke vegger/tak hjemme) så står det mer klart for meg at objektivet ikke er den helt ideelle til innebilder og sånn - så det er en helt ny verden for å si det sånn med denne linsen føler jeg! *happy dance*
Og så fikk jeg 2GB RAM til maskinen min fra Simen - har klaget litt på performancen når jeg har ørten browser-vinduer oppe samtidig som jeg kjører WoW og PS Elements og kikker på noen bilder jeg skal redigere ;) Håper virkelig dette hjelper!! Og i tillegg til objektivet og alt det andre ungene fikk fra mamma og Trygve så fikk vi også Xbox 360! Med spill, ekstra konsoll og trådløs nettverksgreie til PC'n! Woah! Litt av en jul :) Så glad og så takknemlig for alt det flotte og fine vi har fått! Fame-bildene av niesene mine var kjempeflott - misunner de fotosessionen der! Og en nydelig juletrekule fra mormor fikk vi og - supert til neste års juletre hos oss!
Igår spiste vi ribbe med julepølser, medisterkaker og surkål med mamma, Trygve, mormor og Pias familie. Idag blir det pinnekjøtt (NAMNAM!) med tante og onkel. Imorgen blir det julelunsj hos pappa, og tredje juledag lager vi pinnekjøtt nok en gang for Pia m/fam :) Med andre ord - jeg kommer til å trille hjem til nyttår gitt :p Ha en fortsatt god jul alle sammen! Håper dere har hatt en like fin og koselig jul som oss! :)