Last week I returned from an amazing destination wedding in Punta Cana. My clients Robin and Justin from Kaukauna decided to say their vows on the beautiful, private and (most of all) warm beach-side rotunda in the Caribbean.

I was accompanied by Miranda Zynda-Kneeland of Reminisce Photography and Design and we worked well as a team creating an abundance of beautiful shots for the couple.

Contrary to what most people may think, a destination wedding is not a vacation for the photographers. We actually do a lot of work prepping, packing, traveling, getting through customs, scouting, shooting, archiving and more! Oh, but don't get me wrong... I love shooting weddings and to shoot a wedding in a tropical location was definitely top on my list. We did have a ton of fun and got some drop dead gorgeous images... but we also did a lot of work.

Here is a quick look behind scenes...

Miranda carefully arranging the straps on the dress.

Shooting in the resort's spa...

Shooting on the ground of the Bavaro Princes... we had 90+ acres to work with!

Trying out my new fisheye lens... Miranda and I had a blast with the Ever After Session on the beach

The color of the water was the most beautiful I've ever seen!

Full blog post coming soon!