Fact: I officially started Ardent Photography LLC in May of 2005.
I have been officially in business for four full years and I've loved every minute of it!

I unofficially started shooting weddings in 2002... shooting candids and details at weddings of friends with 35mm camera and black and white film. It was such a joy of mine to take artistic images at events back when traditional wedding photographers didn't pay much attention to those details.

My initial love of photography truly blossomed when I worked as a camera assistant in high school. It has been 14 years since I got my first behind the scenes glance at professional photography.

Since starting my business I have grown so much as a photographer, business owner and person. I am truly proud of the work I do and the direction I'm heading. I am continuously taking workshops, attending seminars and reading books to further my knowledge of business and photography.

Image from Angela and Paul Bellmore's August 13, 2005 wedding at the Apple Creek Inn, De Pere, Wisconsin - the first official wedding of Ardent Photography.

My background in Art Direction, Graphic Design and teaching dance has helped me tremendously in my business. My commercial art background has given me advanced knowledge of image editing software and classic design as well as a refined artistic eye. My experience of being a dance teacher has helped me to be able to explain body positions during portrait sessions and it has also trained me to have an aesthetic eye for body position.

I am filled with joy to know that I am currently booking weddings for 2010 which will be my 6th season of shooting weddings.