My nephew had his confirmation, and hubbys granddad celebrated his 85th bday. In other words, the weekend was filled with lots and lots of (way too) great food ;)

september-11,-2010

I had to work some – that is, creating cards and stuff for these celebrations – but am only able to share this one now though, as the two others are part of future tutorials. I have to say I love this paper from 3ndypapir – totally perfect for youths. It’s so colorful and funky, so it’s not really “necessary” to add a lot to it – just add a label (I used Kitschy Digitals’ Kawaii labels – this card was for mother-in-law who gave him a full fruitbasket) and you’re pretty much done. Letters from Fancy Pants Designs.

september-11,-2010-5 Here’s the inside – I made room for a giftcard plus a pad to write on. I sort of felt bad for the card being so simple (but really, it didn’t need much more methinks), so I sewed on the journalpad and punched funky edges w/my fiskars edgepuncher. And notice the cute button? It’s from Pink Paislee – had to use something to keep the giftcard in the card. The lined paper is from Crate Paper by the way.

 DSC_3743a

Speaking of mother in law, she made a 60 metre long song for the celebration of the confirmed. It started on one end and ended on another – namely where Amalie sat. All the guests were to sing the part that came along the paper – while it was moving around. It was pretty amusing and actually worked out well :)DSC_3825aAnd for the celebration of the granddad, he brought all of us to the VilVite-senteret, a very popular interactive science centre where people can experiment scientific stuff themselves for a day of knowledge activities and food at their restaurant by the end of the stay. And uh, here’s the restroom – I’m sorry but I just HAD to snap a picture or two inside there – look at the bright, funky doors! Amalie was thrilled and picked the pink one (ahwell :p).

DSC_3826a DSC_3933a

Here’s me cycling this bike around the circle :p (it’s very funny until you’re stopped mid-air hanging upside down for a sec :p). They film you too, you know, your face while you’re biking – I opted to say “no thank you” to having the movie of myself downloadable on the web :p (to enter this centre we get our personal cards we’re able to swipe at the different attractions, to be able to access our own data later on the web)

DSC_3979a

And here’s the kids and their cousin experiencing various grades of windstrengths.

annoyed Wrapping this post with a layout I made for Crate Paper, using their School Spirit-papers and some Hambly Screenprint-rubons. I’ve noticed I like to try put down some thoughts and reflections on layouts lately..like, instead of using an art journal I guess. Whatever works for me, I guess.

annoyed_cuTo make the journaling+rubons more visible against the patterned paper I rubbed gesso on the area to sort of whitewash it. Worked out nice, didn’t?

artmacht Oh, almost forgot. A street art piece from the University-area. Do you find it peculiar? I’ve written down my thoughts about this one on my other (Norwegian) blog. The artist is N-Joy (thanks Eli, wasn’t entirely sure how it was signed – could just make out the word “joy” with something in front :p).