gratulerer

At this very moment, my husband’s cousin is disputing her doctorate on the African languages Wolof and Fulfulde, and how the local languages gets new life alongside French in Senegal thanks to the use of SMS (cellphones) & Internet…well, something along these lines..:)

Unfortunately we weren’t able to be there in person, but we’re all proud of her & naturally I created her a card she’ll get with her little gift :)

gratulerer_cu1

It’s a simple card – yet pretty fresh and summery in colors.. notice the stupid holes along the journal-note? I started sewing around the edge but turns out my sewing machine is acting bleh once again. Really, I should just bite the dust and buy a new one soon, sigh…I do use it a lot after all :/ Nevertheless…once I realized it was fubar I was like, bleh, and continued sewing holes around the note since there were already holes on it sorta.

gratulerer_cu2

I used Pink Paislee’s 365 degrees on this card, along with a birdcage-die cut from a Hambly Screenprints-transparency (seriously, these adds such lovely touches to about anything, and lasts forever too :) ). Tag from Elle’s Studio, wooden button that I whitewashed from Maya Road and hm, yeah, edgepunch from Fiskars…think that’s it for this card.

Have a lovely weekend! :)