Woah!

There's been 100 Pencil-Lines-sketches. Now that's a great excuse to celebrate a little extra dontcha think? :) And this time around I am so happy to see Pencil-Lines bring back several of the past Pencil-Lines-members to give out buttloads of inspiration...

This sketch was made by this weeks guest Kelli Crowe.
And when I saw it, I immediately thought of this 3ndypapir-paper from this years spring-collection, made by the always lovely and incredibly talented Gudrun. The basepaper matched the sketch perfectly, but made me feel a bit lazy as well, the sketch was in the patterns of the paper already, so I added a few details to the layout to make it seem like I did some effort on this layout too haha. And uh, I know. "Where's the picture??" *cough* Love me some artsyness *smile* =)

First I cut out this awesome border from a Creative Imagination-paper and stitched it to Gudruns somewhat cut-down paper.



Added some rubons to the paper- from Hambly Screenprints and Jenni Bowlin.
The I cut out some circles with my craft knife and deco scissors, inked it and stitched it to some of the circles. Love the dimension & depth it gave, esp with the rubons underneath and the Heidi Swapp bling-circles added!


I simply lovelovelove this datestamp. Don't know why I didn't get one sooner! It's small and cute and eh, cute!! Oh, and informatical, unless you accidently stamp the wrong date all over the paper like I did the first time I used it on a layout..*cough*

Supply-list: Gudruns Spring 08 paper, Creative Imaginations cs, white paper, Cats Eye creamy brown ink, Heidi Swapp blingcircles, American Crafts thickers, rubons and chipboards, Hambly Screenprints & Jenni Bowlin rubons, generic datestamp.

Now come join us for this sketch #100!! :D

Oh, and tonights the reveal-night at Bad Girls Kits -for the Sept. kit. YAY!

On a more personal sidenote. It's no secret that MetroDad is one of my blog-heroes. Or parent-hero. And this post of his had me thinking. My oldest one is a gentle one. Oh yes, he can be quite wild in the middle of the play, but it's always with a gentle and playful touch. There is no harm in him at all (I know - that's what parents say - but with him it's true). Once there's quarreling, either physical or oral he backs out. He gets confused and sad. Always had, ever since he was a toddler in kindergarten. And even if it's his own four year younger sister doing the mischief. He's a ...uh, what MD says. I've always told him to use words, that violence does not solve any problems, and never hit back. But now that I read MD's opinions...well.... I might reconsider my own stance?? I don't know. I have no doubt that it would work with the little pixie we got, but with him? Maybe I need to send him off to some kind of fighting practice before advising him to take that stance :p Luckily it's not a big problem as he's quite popular and have friends and stuff-- but you never know - better make him prepared if things get rougher?

What do you think? Is it wrong? Or does it make sense? I think it might work for smaller kids...bigger ones? Naa not so much, prob too late & the consequenses would be too fatal...? Better him gettin his ass kicked fightin than running tho if it would boil down to that? Hm. Ohwell.