Check out this little project I created for the Fancy Pants blog :)
I've been fascinated by this idea ever since I saw someone make something similar from uh, I think it was a writingpad or something like that..with loose ribbons across it. I think it might have been someone at Sassafras or Pink Paislee?? I never remember to save such great projects I see around for future reference...:/ Anyways. I originally wanted to use the back of a stretched canvas, but didn't have one at home when I finally decided it was about time to make one.... so while searching for an available IKEA shadowbox to use instead in my shelves I noticed my Bind-it-All spiralboxes and how they seemed to be the perfect size and all....and recycling is good eh? :)

This is a quick and easy little project, yet it took me what, three days or more to complete?? (Cutting out papers for the outer side = 1 day....cutting out strips for the inner side = another day...gluing them on the box = yet another day....I'm moving at the pace of a snail these days)

Anyways, I'm quite happy about the result (and about finally having all the hairclips in one place! YAY!) and think this must be such a cool idea for quick bdaygifts to little girls :)

Materials: Fancy Pants "On a Whimsy" - this collection really makes me smile :) :)

Title: "The Sinking Game" - Marit Larsen