Pencil-Lines #160 with aussie Kathie Link and I really really love how it turned out. Just never mind that it doesn’t look like the sketch at all much in the end... Personally I’m all for a sketch giving you just the right jump-start to have a go at your layout. Wheter it ends up looking like the sketch (flipped, rotated, swapped elements, whatev) or not at all – well… in the grand scheme it’s less important when you’ve actually finished the layout and feel happy – just use the excuse that you really made it yours hm? At least that’s what I’m trying to tell myself when I end up with layouts looking like…well, not like the sketch at all :p
(Ofcourse – it’s one thing using the sketch for your own pleasure – do whatever the heck you want. If you’re attempting to join a contest – now that’s another thing. One might argue that being in the DT which’s supposed to showcase the sketch you also should have some restrictions in how to showcase the sketch, but…eh..yeah…) 

Here’s some closeups. During Papirfesten I scored a quite a few papers from a few of my fave manufacturers American Crafts, Pink Paislee and October Afternoon – some of which was discounted – joy =). I feel darn good having used my American Crafts-papers already, and I have specific plans for my OA papers. You know, as opposed to just buying and then storing them meaning to use them “sometime soon” which usually turns into “never”. And now I’ve used my Pink Paislee-papers. Yay! =)

The huge, red flowers were handcut and sprayed with glimmermist (Iridescent Gold, natch – it lays on clear while allowing the gold-shimmer through sorta). Other accessories are some chipboards (also from Pink Paislee) and red gemstones from KaiserCraft (loves). It comes in three different sizes and I decided I’d use all three and repeat them in a visual triangle – the largest on the seams of the papers and the smallest on the cornerchipboard. And as usual – love the small letters from AdornIt :) And look. Once again I’ve used my old Heidi Swapp chipboard-letters. Yay for using up stash! :p

 

Ps! Remember the flower-tutorial I linked in the last post? Found a similar one via Elsie’s blog – made for a really cute DIY project – I can see this being really cute on a scrapbook-project aswell :)

 

Ps2! I cannot for the life of me remember where I saw this neato trick (I’m sorry!! Please link if you know where this originates from so proper credit can be given :) ) but I thought it was pretty genius so when I couldn't refind it I just redid the photos…I know some use a tweezer, and QK has this neat pen for this, but for me..this will suffice… (sorry for the bad photos, dark+heavy camera to hold w/just one hand :p)

 

To easier pick up small gemstones and stuff, just use tackit and roll it to a ball on the tip of your pencap. Makes it easier to pick up gems and to place them where you want it sorta :)