ISO1600, 70mm, f/2.8, 1/40sec

I have to sheepishly admit that since I got my new camera (well, maybe not so new anymore as I’ve had it since winter) I haven’t really tested it at its highest ISO. Sure, I’m fawning over the fact that ISO640, even ISO800 works out wonderfully in most situations without really seeing that much loss of quality (bit garbled if nitpicky but situational). Compared to my old camera this new (D700) is heaven. It’s so much easier getting nicer pictures when working with better hardware - obviously. ISO1250 has sort of been the upper limit for me, things really are visibly garbled by then, so I’ve been sort of…..not afraid, but haven’t really seen the necessity/need to go higher than that even though my camera can go to ISO6400 and even beyond (uncalibred tho). Even not for just testing/playing around (I´m ashamed to say so out loud..). Anyways.

The above photo was taken one early morning on the way to work. Loved the dark blue sky, the beginning pink at the hilltops and this dude would make a cool silhouette I though, so I snapped a few exposures of him then walking quickly past before he could yell to me what the … I was doin :p. Anyways – fun thing is that when I got to work I learned that they needed a picture for a case on road lights (road posts?) and maintenance and this one fit just perfectly.

ISO2000, 24mm, f/2.8 1/15sec

We had a power-outage last week which forced us to use candlelight only for a while. The kids thought it was awesome, and I decided to see how well the camera would perform under these conditions (3-4 candles at most, NO other light from either the out nor inside). Please please ignore the ugly, close to death herb in the corner. Cough. It keeps threatening to die now that the weathers colder and less sun and stuff, and I keep tryin´to keep it alive just a little bit longer....

ISO6400, 24mm f/2.8 1/20sec

Aaaaahhhh ISO6400!! Usually I´d turn such photos into B&W, I think B&W pictures holds the higher ISO so much better than color ones, but - just wanted to share the camera in all its glory at this level.

Can you tell I love my baby? Maybe I should name it or something. Like, "my precccccioussss" :p


On a completely unrelated note - it´s soon Christmas (duh) and the kids are - ofcourse - into the whole thing. Amalie´s especially into the whole potential re. gifts, and has been eyeing what she wants for Christmas in a toy-catalogue the kids have been checking & double-checking for a while now.

So last night Adrian came to us asking us - "Mom, dad...how much money do I have in my bank account?" "Why", we asked him. "Well, I want to know if I have enough money for this ´Hello Kitty laptop´ Amalie wants for Christmas". Awwww.