At Amalies kindergarten they support Forut, which is a campagin supporting developement in certain countries in Asia and Africa...and there's a program which involves kids in kindergarten learning how life is in Sri Lanka and stuff by learning about a girl called Vasana. Or something like that. Anyways. Today they had a little celebration and asked for the children to come to the kindergarten dressed in saris or summer-clothes. Well, lucky me I had an autentic sari from Sri Lanka - yay! You see, dad used to travel a lot in Asia when I was little (still kinda do so once in a while) and has been to Sri Lanka several times....bringing home gifts and stuff and yeah I got this sari from him then. So my dear mom went up to the attic searching for this sari, found it, went to a Sri Lankian store (well she claims they were from Sri Lanka too cause she checked in the store..) to buy the jewelleries and sent them over in time for Amalies party in the kindergarten :) Yay - isn't she cute?? :D Thanks a lot mom for looking for the stuff for her!!

(I know, blurry. She's too impatient to sit still :p And uh, I don't really know how to do a sari. This worked on her - I guess that's not really how they dress though :p)

Have a nice weekend :)

Ps. Check out Scrappedugnad - a sweet quick lil challenge from Monica :) Think I will try it myself sometime soon :)
Ps2. Is it called sari in English too? Hmm.

edit: Intriguing. Learning to Lie. I learned a lot of new stuff here - not sure how to handle it though :p And lookie, too cool - portable furniture!