OKay. I have a confession to make.
When I look at pictures of myself and my family from when I was little (or wasn't there at all), I go all warm and fuzzy inside of me when seeing the furnitures, the home, the clothes, the surroundings. These photos are usually not of great quality, usually there's a photo of me and my sis and a huge part of the picture includes a very disturbing background... yet I love and adore them simply because..well, they evoke all these fond memories and stuff with me. Which totally makes them scrapable in my eyes. Even though it might be a lil hard at times I have to admit.

So. It should be pretty clear that I should remember to do the same now once in a while right? Step back, use the wideangle, scoop a lil more of the meeeeessy everyday-house and stuff in the background when taking photos of my own children? And more importantly, scrap these? Hm. Well, I do try to - but - here's my confession. It's hard. I'm so madly in love with my own children - aw look, they're so darn sweet and cute, and yes, it's the mommy in me speaking. I love love love taking closeups of them. Their eyes, their cheeks..their faces... most of my photos of them are portraitstyle. Or photos where they frame the whole picture, leaving just a little background that's blurred out or if I actually remember to, try take the photos in such an angle that the background isn't too disturbing. They're gonna hate me for that I'm sure. One closeup is cool, two...okay..three....right....a zillion..uhm.. that's like, enough now mommy. *sigh* I am trying! Really. But like 95% of my shots of the children pretty much excludes the "background". Ohwell. That still means I've got 5% of the kind of photos they'll prob appreciate the most when they grow up, no?

Anyways. Yesterday was Amalies bday - thank you so much for the bdaywishes!!
There was a crop at the LSS too - but I decided against better judgement to attend the schools after-school-hike. Me and the children. Alone. Great thinking, self! Long story short - me and Amalie lagged so behind and got ever so slightly lost. By the time we finally found our way out of the forest/hill/mountain/whatever they were worried, had sent out a lady to look for us and she backtracked and managed to walk a whole round and back to the school and back to her home...which was just where we got outta the forest at :p Thank god Amalie was in such a cheery mood all the time, exclaiming "that way!" "this way?" "go now!" "Aaaiaaaaaan!" (calling for Adrian who was with the others) and jumping and skipping and bouncing and rolling and occassionally making me carry her when the lil bushes grew too tall for her to handle :p There's no doubt - next time - I'll skip the hike and hit the crop. Screw the stupid prize at school (for attending - the class with the most attendees on their hikes gets a prize). Sometimes you gotta accept your own limitations :p

Ohwell.
Today's yet another big clean-up-day - my sister and nieces are coming over for the weekend in the afternoon - yay - I haven't seen her since what, August or so - way too long! Can't wait to see them again...and to take photos of not-my-children & my beautiful sister - yay! (yeees..even after the confession above here...I *do* tire of taking piccies of my own children at times and long for other subjects ;p)

Have a lovely weekend y'all - I know I will :)